Terms of the chassis measurement
Preparing work on the car
To the preparing work before the wheel alignment belong:
- Align the trick and sliding supports as well as the lifting platform width
after track width and wheel base of the vehicle.
- Drive the vehicle into the wheel supports; the wheels must be then centrically
on the supports.
- Parking brake tighten, in order to prevent a rolling of the vehicle away.
- Safety lock pins at the supports plug off, in order to avoid a strutting
of the chassis with loading or Durchwippen.
- Play in steering element and wheel bearing, status of suspension and shock
absorber check vehicle for same rim and tire size, sufficient depth of profile
and correct tire pressure.
- Measuring instrument owners at the wheels fasten and decide whether a wheel
runout compensation must be executed; this depends on the type and status
of the rim and on the execution of the measuring instrument owner as well
as its attachment method.
General a wheel runout compensation is to be executed for a precise chassis
measurement whenever no label-specific high-speed clamping units are available!
- Vehicle for the following measurement condition; this takes place depending
upon specification of the car manufacturer through:
- Load the vehicle with back-up weights on front and rear seats as well as
in the trunk (e.g. with BMW) or
- Fairs of the oh levels and selection of the appropriate debit data record
(e.g. with MB) or
- span off of the chassis with hauling equipment on an altitude determined
for the measurement (e.g. with Peugeot).
- The vehicle with solve brakes through-whip, so that a stable central position
of the suspension can adjust. In addition to press down and decay leave the
body successively at front and rear axle.
- Service brake block by using the brake tension adjuster.
Homepage | Technique | German version |
© known source write to D.K.